We’re a creative regeneration agency forging great ideas that change the world for the better – improving people’s lives, making better places, building better businesses.
Nice things people have said
- "The mapping exercise was a particularly difficult thing to sell let alone take on and produce results for. For that all the members of the group will be eternally grateful. The presentation of the results was innovative, clear and immediately re-useable to further our thinking. You produced material to order, on time and extremely professionally. You have an immediate and overall understanding of the issues but also a keen and supportive interest in the arts. Your work in bringing the three consultations together and as a team member in pulling the whole strategy together as a piece was also extremely valuable and helpful. When we presented the strategy to the Arts Council at the specific feedback conference with other authorities who had undertaken the same exercise, it was abundantly clear that the Swansea approach was light years ahead of the rest. In particular, we had delivered what we said we would and the material - easily accessible and actually fun to have - was what was actually need to forge strategic ideas for the future for young people and the arts in Swansea. Your contribution to that achievement was vital. Thank you again on behalf of the City and County of Swansea Youth Arts Strategy core working group."Robin Hall, Swansea Youth Arts Partnership
- "Because you have worked in the Third Sector I know that as well as your intellectual ability, you will apply your considerable practical experience to your consultancy work. That is why it has been a pleasure to work with you on community social and economic regeneration projects and the Compact Consultancy over the past year or so."Ali Bond, Swansea Council for Voluntary Services
- "I've known lead consultant Dr Ben Reynolds for several years and worked with him on a number of issues. In particular, most assiduously, he gave of his own time as part of a group to advise me on the rewriting of Community Work (4th Edition) to be published by McMillan Hargreaves in 2007. I've found Ben's comments extremely insightful and helpful and was most impressed by the quality of his work."Alan Twelvetrees, Author of 'Community Work'
- "One of the most excruciating things about setting up a new social enterprise is deciphering exactly what it is you want, and why. Having someone to unravel the many ideas and help me reach what should have been an obvious conclusion has been a crucial turning point for my business and my career. With your advice, knowledge and support, I now have confidence to take some risks and reach my highest of goals, using the skills, experience and facilities I already have."Amanda Tomlinson, Groundswell Dance Company
- "You were perhaps the first to spot the potential of the Prize and I am certain that the Prize would not have taken off had it not been for your initial lead; the Prize became a reality and 2006 saw things come to a triumphant conclusion. In all of this you were indispensable. Your advice was always sage and you skillfully handled relations with a host of local bodies, not least the local authority. To an unusual degree you combine administrative sagacity with artistic flair and enthusiasm. In other words you are a truly creative administrator and one with a sharp understanding of how local authorities and other public bodies operate."Professor Peter Stead, Dylan Thomas Prize
- “Our Reach the Heights funded Olion project used art based activity to engage young people to work with young people who were not in education, employment or training. Measuring the impact of the project was important to us to both satisfy the funding requirements but, more importantly, to share the stories and journeys of the young people who took part. Your extensive experience in this area provided us with credible evaluation that tracked and reported on the project in a sensitive and meaningful way. The project was a huge success and the evaluation celebrated this by providing impressive statistics and personal stories from the participants”.Dr Richard Knapp, Head of Corporate Services, University of Wales Trinity Saint David
- ...and if you’re interested in #social enterprise on this #socialSaturday2017 cut through the proverbial and follow @LiamABlack
- And one more for #SocialSaturday2017 check out: @lastdotclothing @GowerPowerCoop @existskatepark @EnvCentre @TEDxSwansea @Cyfe_i_Dyfu
- On #socialsaturday17 check out:@squarepegcoffee @proudpads @SwanseaBID @ThePegTalks @D2EProject @DynamixCoop @ReasonDigital @TechHubSwansea